Art Teacher 0.2 FTE
Part-Time Art Teacher
Start Date: Sep 2020
Salary: North East Futures Qualified Scale (£24,373-£40,490) or Unqualified Scale (£17,682 – £27,965)
Location: North East Futures UTC, Stephenson Quarter, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Contract type: 0.2 Full Time Equivalent
Contract term: Permanent
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of Art to start September 2020 to teach GCSE Art for two half-days per week.
The building replicates a business environment with state-of-the-art facilities. This is not only a new school but a new approach to educating 14-19-year-olds, which is possibly the most exciting change in the education landscape in decades.
All students at North East Futures UTC specialise in either Health Science or Digital Technology; at 14 they will also study a broad and balanced curriculum and at Post 16 the curriculum becomes more specialist with A levels in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry being studied alongside specialist Technical courses.
At capacity, we will be educating up to 600 students who will all have a passion for Health Science or Computer Science. It will be a truly inspirational environment.
This role will provide you with:
- Focussed teaching – only teaching KS4 and KS5 classes
- Small class sizes
- Passionate students who have chosen to move to the UTC
- Substantial opportunities for career development as the UTC grows
- An opportunity to be at the forefront of STEM education
- Opportunities to create and deliver engaging real-life curriculum projects with our range of industry partners
Completed application forms should be emailed no later than midday on 22nd May to email@example.com.