A great place to learn and grow
Welcome to North East Futures UTC, a state of the art technical school in Newcastle upon Tyne for 14-19 year olds. The UTC is state funded school and students attend from across the North East. We are for ambitious students interested in careers in Healthcare Science and Digital Technology.
Our aim is to be a leading Healthcare Science and Digital Technology school for the region and the UK.
To achieve this we work closely with relevant regional employers to provide students with a distinctive, innovative and high-quality academic and technical education specialising in the Healthcare Science and Digital Technology.
We support all students to develop work-ready skills such as Teamwork, leadership, problem solving and communication. These help students achieve a positive destination after the UTC such as a university course in a STEM subject or a Higher Apprenticeships. This supports regional economic growth.
We bring equal opportunities and high expectations for all while striving for Technical and Academic educational excellence.
We value work-ready and technical skills alongside academic achievement and focus heavily on the wellbeing and safety of everyone at the UTC.
To work in partnership with local employers to provide a unique, innovative and high-quality curriculum which develops our students’ academic, technical and generic skills and fast-tracks them into successful careers in the Healthcare Science and Digital sectors
• We value working in partnership with local employers to deliver our curriculum
• We value personal, academic and technical development equally
• We value opportunities to apply theory to practice through project-based learning
• We value all members of our UTC community equally and strive to ensure all achieve success
- To provide local employers with a digitally savvy work force
- To develop young people with the academicand technical skills required for careers in the Healthcare and Digital sectors.
- To develop students' generic employability skills - teamwork, leadership, problem solving and communication skills - alongside academic and technical skills.
- To prepare students effectively for the world of work.
- To create opportunities for students to apply theory learnt in the classroom to 'real' projects designed and delivered with our employer sponsors to deepen understanding and make learning relevant.
- To fast track our students' literacy and communication skills.
- To re-engage young people who have become disaffected with traditional education with learning.
- To ensure all students progress onto positive and appropriate destinations.